Expertise in athletic injuries and regenerative medicine
Dr. Samuel Oltman, an Oregon native and all-state athlete in football and track, graduated with a Bachelors of Science from Oregon State University in Exercise and Sport Science where he also played wide receiver for the Beavers football team. He attended the National College of Natural Medicine, graduating with his Naturopathic Doctorate (ND), and then completed a rigorous 2-year primary care residency at Grain Integrative Health in Southeast Portland. He has advanced training in pain management, orthopedics, and regenerative injection therapies.
At Oregon Regenerative Medicine Dr. Oltman brings his unique experience and expertise to serve patients’ needs in regenerative medicine and primary care. His emphasis on a holistic approach to joint health sets him apart from the majority of other orthopedic practitioners. As a former collegiate football player, Dr. Oltman brings personal experience and intellectual passion to the study and treatment of all forms of sport injuries, aging joints, and degenerative arthritis.
For athletes at risk for traumatic brain injuries, Dr. Oltman provides ImPACT testing, a comprehensive and holistic brain injury screening, evaluation, prevention and treatment program offered at Oregon Regenerative Medicine. Our comprehensive programs are designed for athletes at all levels of competition as well as anyone at risk for a brain injury.
Dr. Oltman treats patients with the underlying presumption that the body contains the wisdom to heal itself. He believes our bodies simply need the requisite inputs for enhanced healing and the removal of certain barriers that prevent healing. Dr. Oltman’s views symptoms not as aberrations to be suppressed but rather wise expressions of nature pointing to where imbalance lies.
Dr. Oltman is currently undertaking specialized training in musculoskeletal ultrasound diagnostics and guided injection techniques. When he is not treating patients or learning more about medicine, he enjoys skiing, bouldering, running, swimming, being in the forest, and laughing with friends and family.
Patients of all walks and stages of life are encouraged to schedule a consult, whether to address a specific pain or to establish primary care, building the foundation for a long and vibrant life.
- Primary Care Physician
- Regenerative Orthopedist
- Public speaker
- Spanish Speaker
Oregon Regenerative Medicine, Lake Oswego, OR – Physician
- Specialist in regenerative orthopedics and naturopathic primary care
- Offering prolotherapy, platelet rich plasma, and stem cell regenerative injection therapies
- Providing holistic primary care and family medicine for acute and chronic conditions
Northwest Foot & Ankle, Portland, OR – Physician
- Provider of natural foot and ankle care emphasizing non-invasive podiatric treatments and patient education
- Utilizing expertise in footwear biomechanics and pain generation
Grain Integrative Health, Portland, OR – Resident Physician
- Completed 2-year CNME-Accredited Family Practice Residency
- Provided primary care and urgent care for patients of all ages, genders and conditions
- Coordinated care for 24/7 on-call pager calls
- Managed medicinary
- Wrote press releases and blog articles
- Created instructional YouTube videos
Food As Medicine Dyersville, Dyersville, IA – Instructor
- Created, marketed, and instructed nutrition and cooking classes to the community of Dyersville emphasizing a practical approach to whole foods cooking
Food As Medicine Institute, Portland, OR – Instructor
- Instructed nutrition and cooking classes to the public emphasizing a practical approach to whole foods cooking
The FIT Project, Portland, OR – Family Advisor and Trainer
- Encouraged and educated families in making healthy lifestyle choices through group classes and individual counseling
Natural Doctors International, Ometepe, Nicaragua – Intern
- Assisted in providing care to the community in free clinics
- Executed administrative duties related to fundraising, marketing and operations for the 501(c)3
- Lived with a host family and experienced 9 weeks of spanish language immersion
NCNM Functional Medicine Club, Portland, OR – Founder and President
- Created and led a group for learning in-depth concepts of functional medicine that were not addressed in the school curriculum
Tanner Springs Assisted Living, West Linn, OR – Certified Nursing Assistant
- Cared for residents in the memory care unit who suffered from Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia